WordPress 5.3 Beta 1 is here. We have done a quick review about the new updates in latest WordPress release.
What’s New in WordPress 5.3 Beta 1
Let’s start with the schedule of release of several versions and then we will check out the features of this WordPress release.
Here is the complete schedule of WordPress 5.3 release.
WordPress 5.3 Schedule
- 23 September 2019: Beta 1
- 30 September 2019: Beta 2
- 7 October 2019: Beta 3
- 15 October 2019: Release candidate 1
- 22 October 2019: Release candidate 2
- 29 October 2019: Release candidate 3
- 5 November 2019: Release candidate 4 (if needed)
- 12 November 2019: General release of WordPress 5.3
How to Test WordPress 5.3 Beta 1
You can download the WordPress Beta Tester plugin to test WordPress 5.3 beta.
What’s New in WordPress 5.3
The New Default Twenty Twenty Theme
WordPress 5.3 brings a new default twenty twenty theme. This theme is based on Chaplin that released early this year. Twenty Twenty includes support for the block editor, customized fonts and colors, meta settings etc.
Block Editor: Improvements & features
In WordPress 5.3 the Gutenberg plugin is merged in a single feature-packed block editor. It is best for the people who love to use teh block editor.
Some of the important features are as follows.
- Columns block (width support + patterns)I
- Separator block (color support)
- Latest Posts block (support excerpt, content)
- Button block (support target, border-radius)
- Block Style Variations API
- Group block and grouping interactions
- Data Module API (use Select/effect)
- Snackbar notices
- Typewriter Experience
- Fixed a number of Accessibility report issues & much more
Admin Interface Improvements
WordPress 5.3 release a new design admin interface. In new admin interface the developers has fixed many issues, including color contrast on form fields and buttons, color scheme in WordPress, zoom management etc.
Big Images are Coming to WordPress
Image size is one of the important factors for every WordPressers and almost everyone frustrated with large image files. In this release, Automattic has pointed out the issue and the block editor now easily manage and display all image sizes. Now the high resolution images isn’t a problem anymore.
Image Rotation During Upload
In this new WordPress 5.3 features, users can now easily rotate the uploaded images according to the EXIF orientation.
Site Health Checks
WordPress 5.3 now offers a site health checker that identifies all the issue related to your website. This tool also informs users about the available updates.
Admin Email Verification
WordPress 5.3 also introduced an admin email verification screen that will pop up after every six months.